- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
4 days ago // 305,329 notes
Food doesn’t taste better or worse when documented by Instagram. Laughter is as genuine over Skype as it would be sharing a sofa. Pay attention. Take in nature, hold someone’s hand, read a book. But don’t ever apologize for snapping a photo of a sunrise after a hike, or blogging about the excitement of having a crush, or updating your goodreads account. All of these things are good and should be celebrated. Smile at strangers on the sidewalk and like your friends’ selfies. It’s all good for the human spirit. (via internetcallgirl)
4 days ago // 115,989 notes